Peter Pauls Church
The neogothic Peter Pauls Church was designed by Friedrich August Stueler (a student of Schinkel) and consecrated in 1862. In 1896, a Sauer organ with 17 registers was installed – its wonderful sound can still be heard today. Concerts are held in the summer months, for example by Michael Schönheit, the organist of the St. Thomas Church in Leipzig.
The fair trade café beside the church is home to book readings. The Bonhoeffer Chapel is named in honour of the theologian and martyr Dietrich Bonhoeffer who held sermons in Peter Pauls Church and on the Zingsthof in 1935 and 1938.
A further attraction is Martha Müller-Grählert‘s grave. Müller-Grählert was a local poet whose song „Wo die Ostseewellen trecken an den Strand...“ is well known beyond our borders.